Domestic violence and the law
We can assist you in navigating your way through domestic violence issues, whether you:
- Require advice regarding options for the protection of yourself and or your children and associates
- Require advice regarding the removal of your former spouse from the family home
- Require assistance in preparing a Protection Order Application
- Require representation at Court for domestic violence matters
- Have been served with a Protection Order Application and require advice as to your available options
- Have been served with a Protection Order Application and require representation at Court
What is domestic violence?
The definition of Domestic violence is broad and includes:
- Behaviour which causes a person to fear their safety or the safety of their children
- Physical abuse and/or verbal abuse
- Repeated derogatory taunts
- Violent or threatening behaviour
- Threats to injure or damage property
- Threats of intimidation, such as the threat to self-harm or suicide
- Stalking and unauthorised surveillance (monitoring text messages, emails, electronic messages, and GPS devices
- Psychological or emotional abuse
- Repeated contact via phone, text message, social network site – without consent
- Isolating a person from their family or friends
The Gold Coast or Logan team at Advance Family Law can assist, whether you are a victim of domestic violence or are defending such allegations being made against you.
We offer a 15-minute complimentary telephone consultation which is completely confidential to help you take the next step with confidence and support. You can also Contact Us if you have been served with a Protection Order Application and require representation at Court or advice as to your options.