Child Support

Free 15 Minute

Call Now

We can help you understand your rights and obligations around child support

We are able to assist you in navigating your way through the issue of child support, whether you:

  • Have reached an agreement with your former spouse in relation to their payment of child-related expenses, including school fees and wish to formalise the agreement
  • Do not agree to an Assessment undertaken by the Child Support Agency
  • Require assistance in responding to an Objection made by your former spouse to an Assessment undertaken by the Child Support Agency

If you and your former spouse have reached an agreement in relation to child support, we can assist in preparing a Child Support Agreement. Agreements are termed Limited Child Support Agreement and a Binding Child Support Agreement. The differences are the limited agreement is for a short-term period, usually three years and is for payments in addition to child support already paid.

A Binding Child Support Agreement will continue until the child turns 18 or completes his or her education.  It is imperative that you seek legal advice before entering into the Binding Child Support Agreement to ensure it is valid.

You cannot force another party to pay more than what the child support agency assesses that party should pay.  However, you can enforce a Binding or Limited Child Support Agreement through the Courts, if the other party reneges on the agreement.

Child Support Gold Coast

Call us for a confidential and free 15-minute telephone consultation about your family law matter

Our team of Gold Coast and Logan family lawyers are experienced and approachable. Contact Us for a 15-minute free telephone consultation where you can ask us questions and receive expert family law advice.


Parenting Arrangements

Property Settlements

Domestic Violence

Divorce & Separation

Dispute Resolution

Spousal Maintenance

Binding Financial Agreements

Child Abduction

Child Support

Grandparent Rights

Pet Agreements

Consent Orders

Need advice? contact us